In preparation for the 23.5 km Kusam Klimb on June 19th, my friend, Sharon Audley, and I hiked the 25km ”Comfortably Numb” trail today! Sharon thought it would be good to break our feet in. All I have to say is that the trail is aptly named! Most of my limbs were numb by the end but we had such a beautiful time. It is not aggressive in elevation but it felt really long – 5 hours, 13 minutes to be exact! The path is exceptionally well groomed and is also used for mountain biking although I would have found that a lot more difficult. A fantastic way to Live Well in Whistler! Thanks Sharon for taking me there (Best that I say thanks now before the pain sets in over the next two days).
Happy Mothers Day to all the beautiful MOMS that I know! I thought this email was adorable= thanks Penny!
WHY GOD MADE MOMS
Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions:
Why did God make mothers?
1. She’s the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2.. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men’s bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
1. We’re related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people’s mom like me.
What kind of a little girl was your mom?
1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don’t know because I wasn’t there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.
What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your mom marry your dad?
1.. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom eats a lot
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that mom didn’t have her thinking cap on.
Who’s the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn’t want to be boss, but she has to because dad’s such a goof ball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What’s the difference between moms and dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them..
3. Dads are taller and stronger, but moms have all the real power ’cause that’s who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friends.
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don’t do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she’s already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I’d diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I’d get rid of that.
2. I’d make my mom smarter.. Then she would know it was my sister who did it not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
See it before it hits the market! A perfectly appointed Whistler Chalet with all the high notes: Gorgeous view, lots of sun, large private deck with hot tub in a lovely treed setting, spacious and recently upgraded revenue suite. This beautiful home is in immaculate condition and has a perfect balance of charm and function. Warm wood accents, air tight fireplace, vaulted ceilings, 3 spacious bedrooms plus den or 4th bedroom, 3 full bathrooms, large mud room. Listing will be posted this week with photos or we can view it together before hand! 9226 Pinetree Lane, Whistler, offered at $1,199,000.
May 3rd and a lovely blanket of fresh snow on the ground! We are ready for some warm sunshine now please Mother Nature!
‘Around the Bases’ with Jim Byrnes – April 28th
With proceeds to North Shore Challenger Baseball League* *Challenger is the division of Little League that provides an opportunity for cognitively and physically disabled kids to enjoy all the benefits of Little League, in an environment designed specifically for them. This year, North Shore Challenger Baseball is expanding from 4 teams to 6 teams.
With Special Guest M.C.
Barry Macdonald – TEAM 1040AM Radio Sports Personality
An evening of Music and Entertainment and a Silent Auction
WHEN: 6:30pm Wednesday April 28th
WHERE: Mosquito Creek Bar & Grill, 2601 Westview Drive #500 North Vancouver, B.C.
Fantastic value at only $20 a ticket including burger and beverage
Please contact Rhonda Houlden (Event Organizer) for ticket information
Phone: 604-980-6290 604-980-6290 604-980-6290 604-980-6290 604-980-6290 604-980-6290 604-980-6290 604-980-6290 or email: email@example.com
Congratulations to film makers, Leslie Anthony and Grant Stoddard, who were finalists in this years 72 hour film makers showdown for the Telus World Ski and Snowboard Festival 2010. It was very fun to be a part of it – although perhaps not one of my better looks to date!
See the movie missing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVSRNybDB0c
Absolutely magical day in Whistler today. Fresh powder and sunshine and lots of smiles from the locals. This week we have friends from Italy, Bhutan and Bangkok gracing our presence! Welcome back - so great to see you again.
First day playing with my new site! So exciting and many thanks to Codeshed Solutions – fantastic job!!
Four Seasons Private Residences Bora Bora. Rare Waterfront Homes
Four Seasons Private Residences Bora Bora. Fully managed and serviced by Four Seasons, the 15 Private Residences on Bora Bora represent one the most exclusive and desirable resort home opportunities in the world. …more »